Thursday, February 27, 2014

Early Settlers and Slave Narrative Test Day

BellringerVisit The New York Times to see the word of the day. Copy the word and definition, and provide a sentence for it.


Recap: We played Kahoot! to review for the test before taking it today. Many of you had not played Kahoot! before, but it seemed like you really enjoyed it. I think it's a fun and engaging way to review; plus, it helps to wake you up and energize you a bit before the test. The leading scorers who make the board receive a bonus point on his or her test. Great job to my winners! :-)

We then took your unit test on Early Settlers and Slave Narratives. If you were out, please review the following:

"Rebels in America" video notes
"Slavery and the Making of America" video notes
"La Relacion"
"The Narrative of Olaudah Equiano"
"Frederick Douglass Chapter VI" of My Bondage My Freedom
"Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God"

I also checked bellringers 11-20 today. Please show them to me upon your return to class. I'm noticing that you're really keeping up with these, which is terrific. They are the best way to help keep your grade up in class!

Regarding the Salem Witch Trials project: I will have several students out tomorrow for SAT Prep. Rather than punish or burden the rest of the group in their absence, I have decided to give you until Monday to finish the project. Following the test today, you were able to work in your groups. I hope this time has been utilized wisely, and you sought me for any additional help or questions. That is what I am here for!

Great work today! It is such a pleasure being your teacher! Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment