Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Native American Story

I hope you enjoyed today's class, and your little room surprise! I try to theme the room for each unit we cover in an attempt to bring the literature alive for you. As stated, I don't want this to be a traditional English class where you read, take tests, repeat. I want you to have an experience! I want this class to be enjoyable, and one you don't dread coming to!

Bellringer: What do you know about Native Americans? 

Recap: We finished highlighting and reviewing the Native American Experience article that I shared with you. Everyone should have the notes for this now. The document and ideas from it will be referenced again, so please be sure you hang on to it. 

I also shared the literary elements list with you. I will let you know later this week when the words will need to be defined. We will have a test on those once they're reviewed in class. Please keep this list handy, as well. We will be referencing it throughout the semester, and adding to it. 

I share The Native American Story Power Point with you. This is the history of Native Americans in this country. The Power Point also discusses their beliefs, customs, and culture. Please be sure to review it if you haven't already. 

Tomorrow we will read "World on the Turtle's Back."

Homework: You need a book for SSR if you haven't brought one in yet. This counts towards class participation. 

Have a nice night! 

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment