Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn Chapters 4,5,6

BellringerWhat character trait of Huck’s does the following quote show?

“I made up my mind I would fix up some way to leave there” (22).



Recap: We examined through our close reading webs today that the author's purpose behind chapters 4,5 and 6 was to show why Huck has this desire for adventure and escape.

We created our class reading web for these chapters, which is posted below.


We also finished up our notes on Chapter 2, and began Chapter 3. I apologize that we are behind on these. I would rather have a thorough discussion that leaves you with a complete understanding than rush through the discussion, making you confused. 

Please read chapters 7,8 and 9 tomorrow, creating a close reading web for homework. I will collect them in the morning. If you have discussion questions prepared for today, you will go tomorrow. Students with chapters 7,8 or 9 should have discussion prepared for tomorrow. 

Great work today! Keep pushing through to the end of the year! Don't give up now!


Z

No comments:

Post a Comment