Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Crucible--Act I, Part I

BellringerWhat do you think the significance is of the following quote?
“Witchery’s a hangin' error...you’ll only be whipped for dancin’.” ~ Mary Warren, The Crucible, Act I

**Please be sure to copy the full quote. You will be asked to identify these quotes on tests, along with who said them. I want you to see the quote out of context, think about what it might mean, and then see how your interpretation holds up when in-context.

Recap: We reviewed the vocabulary terms that I shared with you yesterday. I apologize that sharing them didn't work. I wanted you to have all of your Crucible paperwork all in the same place. Please don't lose that list! It covers your vocabulary terms for 2 tests!

We then assigned characters for the play. Since this is a play, I want you to act it out.
1. You will be more engaged
2. Those who participate do better on the tests.
3. It's a play. It's meant to be acted out, not read silently to yourself.

Let's have FUN with this! It's a GREAT story!

We read to the end of the character information for Thomas Putnam. There is a character analysis chart shared with you. We're focusing on the 5 main characters, providing different traits for them, as well as the quotes or passages that show those traits. Says. Means. Matters. We will be using this chart to complete a character analysis when we are finished with the reading. Be sure to fill it out as we go along. If you do, the paper will write itself.

Great work today! You seem like you are excited to begin this story, as am I.

Have a nice night!

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment